Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MOOSE LOOSE IN ALGONQUIN PARK

Got up early this morning determined to see if I could locate any new Moose Calves,
as one our our guests at the Algonquin inn had spotted one yesterday.
As you can see in this shot of a Beaver lodge the lakes this morning were steaming in the early morning light, along highway # 60



It didn't take me long before I came upon a female Moose with this springs new calf in tow, only two and half kms into the Algonquin Park.



Here is Mom keeping an eye out, as the young at this age are vulnerable to bears and wolves.



Just a little further down the road, I came across these two Moose enjoying a quiet morning stroll down highway 60





A little further on I came across two Bull Moose near the highway, and as you can see now that their racks are fully developing and they are beginning to gain some serious weight and develop their summer coats. In total, I spotted 11 Moose today




wwww.algonquninn.com
email : stay@algonquininn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope that you enjoy our blogs and comments are appreciated.