Friday, April 30, 2010

They're Back !!! Moose in Algonquin Park

Moose are back once again along highway 60 to Algonquin Park. On a quick drive through the park today, I was looking for a black back wood pecker (which I was unable to locate ) when I came across a cow moose with her last years calf.
The Moose have been back for quite a while, but I haven't posted about them til now so as to ensure that if anyone makes the trip up specifically for moose then now they should not be dissaponted.

You can see this cow moose has been fitted with a satellite tracking collar. The naturalists in the park regularly put tracking devices on just about anything that is on four legs or swims to help them in the studies and observations.



http://www.algonquininn.com/
E-MAIL STAY@ALGONQUININN.COM

1 comment:

  1. What time of day did you take the photo? I'm having a hard time capturing a local moose in My Muskoka. I have provided a link to your site. Great place, our park!

    ReplyDelete

We hope that you enjoy our blogs and comments are appreciated.